Spread Kindness with a Purpose
Small things done with great love can change the world. A random act of kindness is a simple, effective, no-strings-attached way of showing the love of Jesus to people around you.
With each act, simply give an Acts of Kindness card to let someone know they are seen and loved by God.
And then share your story about an act of kindness you performed at hopeisaliveandwell.com.
Acts of Kindness cards will be available on Sunday mornings in the lobby.
See how one act of kindness can make an impactful difference.
IDEAS FOR HOW TO SPREAD KINDNESS
- Pay for someone's dry cleaning.
- Send a couple on a date night while you babysit for free.
- Pass out goodie bags filled with snacks, toiletries, water bottles, and other essentials to the homeless.
- Help an elderly or handicapped neighbor by taking out their trash.
- Pay for someone's coffee or fast food behind you in the drive-through.
- Leave a big tip for your server at a restaurant.
- Pay for someone's gas.
- Leave snack money inside the DVD case when you're returning your Redbox.
- Mow the lawn or rake the leaves for your neighbors.
- Help someone load groceries into their trunk.
- Drop off breakfast at your local police station, fire department, or hospital.
- Cook a meal for a co-worker.
- Pay for someone's groceries.
- Pass out encouraging notes and flowers to passersby.
- Help someone who you know is struggling financially.
- Pay for someone's meal or dessert at a restaurant.
- Thank a teacher with a gift.
- Walk your neighbor's dog.
- Pass out water bottles on a hot day.
- Help someone who has a flat tire.
- Tutor a student who is struggling with school.
- Give your umbrella to a stranger.
- Compliment the first three strangers you talk to that day.
- Return shopping carts for people at the grocery store.
- Leave some goodies in your mailbox for your mail carrier.