“Who is Your Mentor”
“And I will ask the Father and He will give you ANOTHER advocate to help you and be with you forever.” John 14:16
Getting free counsel, coaching or mentoring doesn’t connect with Americans. We associate “free” with poor value. We associate high fees with certain value.
I saw a web page for a personal success coach who charges:
– $10,000 per speech
– $25,000 per Weekend Seminar
– $30,000 for an 8 Hour Coaching Session
I immediately thought of all of the traveling pastors and evangelists who charge $10,000-100,000 to speak one time.
People pay ALOT of money for help. People pay A TON of money to grow their influence and increase their effectiveness in life.
I get emails every day from business coaches, personal development gurus and strategic development firms offering services … and many of which, I DO need help with.
I’ve hired counselors. I hired coaches. I’ve BEEN hired to counsel. I’ve BEEN hired to coach and consult. I’ve even been paid several thousand dollars to speak and train.
HERE’S MY QUESTION:
If you had $100,000 cash to spend how much would you spend to have Jesus Christ as your personal mentor and coach for 1 Day?
What about a ONE HOUR session?
What about a 30 Minute session?
Think about this word with me: “another”.
There are two primary Greek words in the Bible for “another”.
1. Heteros: “one of another kind or of a different kind, not the same”
2. Allos: “one of the VERY SAME kind; same in character; same everything, exact duplicate”
John 14: 16 uses “allos”.
It could read this way:
“I will ask the Father, and He WILL send you Someone who is just like ME in every possible way. He will be exactly like me in the way He speaks, the way He thinks, and the way he counsels, teaches and operates.
The way He sees everything and the way he does things will sound, look and be exactly like what you’ve seen and heard from me.
He will be like me in every way.
Count on this: If the Holy Spirit is here inside of you – it will be just as if I am here in person but even BETTER because We are the same and He will be inside of you”
When you see Jesus – you see exactly how God the Father is. They’re the same. John 14:8-9
What is God like? Look at Jesus for the answer.
What is being filled with the Holy Spirit like? Look at Jesus for the answer.
If you have received the Holy Spirit – then you have a permanent mentor, coach, attorney, advocate and helper INSIDE OF YOU and there’s no fee to you.
Today – open your heart to the work of the Spirit. He wants to represent Jesus to you, your family and those you love.
Here are some practical ways to be mentored by the Holy Spirit. If you start off with only one … you’ll see a major difference immediately.
1. Read the Word of God daily and memorize portions of it.
2. Seek counsel from the Word of God.
3. Pray and ask the Father to fill you.
4. Ask Him to show you any area of contamination in your heart that He wants to address.
5. Discern what He is saying to you with spiritual people (Galatians 6:1-2)
6. Follow Him – do what He says. Host Him well – He has a certain way he likes things to be and He will tell you when you ask.
7. Observe the fruits of the Spirit – and allow Him to remove anything blocking fruit production (Galatians 5:21-22)
8. Ask Him to develop His gifts in you.
There is so much more – but this is enough for today.
Holy Spirit, I don’t want to miss another day of having you as my First Love. You are God and you fill me in every way. Teach me today to know you. You are my guide, mentor, coach and personal advocate. You motivate me and fuel my heart as you did Jesus’ heart. Bring a greater knowledge of how to submit to you so the ministry of Jesus flows through me. In Jesus’ Name, amen.
For further Study:
Hebrews 1:1-4; I Corinthians 3:16; Romans 15:30; I Corinthians 2:9-14; John 16:13; I Corinthians 6:19